Thursday, June 21, 2012

Road Stop Picnic


A smiling Mama Hill appears to be cutting a cake at a roadside stop picnic.  I cannot say where this was taken, but the landscape is consistent with areas of the Davis Mountains.  This large auto has appeared in other photos in this blog, I believe.  Can any car buffs I.D. the year/make/model/?

Patsy has responded (see "Comments" below) that she believes this is the 1937 Hudson Terraplane that she remembers riding in.  (It's not likely I could ever have come up with that on my own!)  Here's a photo of an ad for the 1937 Hudson Terraplane Sedan:


1 comment:

  1. Patsy wrote:

    I think the auto in the pictures with Grandmother (Frankie) is the 1937 Hudson Terraplane. I remember riding in it when Fritz would be the chauffeur as Grandmother and I sat in the back seat and Grandpa in front passenger seat. Grandmother would caution me to brace myself with my feet on the back of the driver's seat when the brakes were applied, as she and I might be thrown into the seats in front of us and get hurt. Apparently the brakes on that car were much better than on previous cars they had had. :) It wasn't because Fritz was a careless driver; with your father advising you, it would probably not have been an option! (Yes, I think the pictures are taken in the Big Bend.)

    ReplyDelete